Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marines!

This is usually a technical blog, but I wanted to take a moment to recognize the service and sacrifice of all current and former Marines on what is the 234th Birthday of the Corps.

For 234 years, Marines have served just like is says in the Marine's Hymn, exemplified by the motto, Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful).

In my short service in the Corps, I celebrated this date on land, in foreign lands, and even at sea. I was even the commander of the cake detail once (not nearly as ominous as it sounds). I've also seen some pretty humorous things happen during the ceremony...like the time four 2ndLts from TBS comprised the cake detail... 4 2ndLts + 1 Cake + 1 ramp to the stage = a true Benny Hill moment!

That being said, today is a day to thank any and all Marines you know...and by "thank", hug or buy 'em a beer...or both.

Semper Fi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you too leatherneck!
Semper Fi!