Monday, March 31, 2008

WFA slashdotted!

Yes, WFA was slashdotted! Thanks to Don for the review!

In the past (Aug 2004), Richard Bejtlich showned a correlation between a book review appearing on Slashdot.org, and higher traffic to his blog, as well as "better" numbers at book vendors sites. Hopefully I can expect to see a similar effect...

Addendum, 1 April
Okay, this isn't a joke...here's a portion of the WFA page on Amazon from today (1 April 2008), prior to 3pm EST:






Comparatively speaking, "Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery" is listed as follows:





All in all, pretty cool. ;-)

2 comments:

e0n said...

Just my part, but I recommend WFA on all the aspiring IR analysts I come into contact with. I have read many forensics books and this one I keep handy at my desk. It has provided me with numerous tips and techniques to aid in my investigations especially with registry and memory analysis. Keep up the good work, and tools!

H. Carvey said...

e0n,

Thanks! The more you recommend the book and the more that are sold, the more likely the 2/e is to be something that the publisher wants to forward with.

If you have any comments or suggestions regarding content, etc., feel free to drop me a line...